Some random thoughts on #parenting from the year so far.
- I’m not above drowning out quarrelsome children with Iron Maiden. I’m pretty sure that’s what it’s for.
- Kids complain about loud sounds, for example the mixer making them Sunday waffles, as if they aren’t entirely made of noise.
- Is it wrong to wager on which of your kids will be the first in tears because they got their pants wet playing outside?
- Never mind. I just lost 5 bucks.
- This house is approximately 1300 sq ft, yet all 5 residents seem compelled to occupy the same 6 sq ft at any given time.
- The 2 yr old walking blind around the house with a fabric toy box over her head, singing “I’M THE BOX!” won the morning. 🙂
- Taking the kid locks off the cupboards. IT’S A BRAVE NEW WORLD. haha.
- Left the 7 yr old in charge of her younger sisters and 30 seconds later bath time became the Stanford Prisoner Experiment.
- I kind of love that the 7 yr old, who seemingly can read anything, can’t read cursive writing. It’s a secret adult code! 🙂